Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 - Current Employer Inquiry

Hello everyone,

I have a question that I have been unable to find the answer to and I hope one of you smart people will be able to guide me. I am in a weird situation. I just got my H1B approval notice and I need to travel back to my home country for the stamping. As I was filling out the DS 160 document to schedule the visa interview, I came to the section where it's asking for current employer. Here's the deal:

I have been on OPT after graduating from grad school and, after my petition got selected in the lottery this year, I got the OPT extension till September 30. However, my case did not get approved until October 13. Obviously, I had to stop working after 9/30 and I did. My question now is whether I should put the company that I have been working for till 9/30 and who I will continue to work for after my visa is approved (fingers crossed!) as my current employer, or should I say that I am currently unemployed and list my company that is also my petitioner in the previous employment section (and state that I worked there until 9/30).

Has anyone been in this or similar situation before? Thank you for your help, guys!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X