Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B approved petition but resigned the company

Hello Experts,

Here is my scenario for which i'm looking for options.

- I worked for an employer A in India which had filed for a H1B visa back in 2011.
    The petition was approved in May 2011, after which i quit the company due to some other factors.

1) Can that approved petition information be used in applying for a new H1B visa out of the quota ?

2) In case my current employer (B) applies for a new H1B visa, will the previous petition affect the application in any way ?

Any information/Suggestions you can give, would be really helpful.

Thanks for your time.

Originally posted by bharat singh View Post
    Hello Experts,

Here is my scenario for which i'm looking for options.

- I worked for an employer A in India which had filed for a H1B visa back in 2011.
    The petition was approved in May 2011, after which i quit the company due to some other factors.

1) Can that approved petition information be used in applying for a new H1B visa out of the quota ?

2) In case my current employer (B) applies for a new H1B visa, will the previous petition affect the application in any way ?

Any information/Suggestions you can give, would be really helpful.

Thanks for your time.
    1. Yes.
    2. No.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Yes.
      2. No.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi for the prompt response.

I will be contacting my previous employer about the petition details. I believe at least the receipt number would be needed.
      In case those are not available or for some reason the employer does not provide that, is there any way we can find out the details ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X