Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Entry

Hi ,

I have a small question if you can help me.. Your reply is really appreciated

My Wife was on f2 visa, my H1b got approved on OCT 7 2016. I got to know that my h1b approved on OCT 7, but my employer forgot to apply COS - change of status for my wife , from f2 visa to h4. I decided to apply COS but i haven't got my h1b approval I 797 form till then. I did some research and found no help online. i decided to send back my wife to India. she left USA on OCT-14-2016

Now she got her H4 visa Approved nov - 4 th 2016.

my question is, since she is out of status for one week, will it be problem at PORT OF ENTRY. will they ask about one week out of status, can she give explanation, and also since her visa is now h4. will still they ask about f2 status questions.

Originally posted by jeelu441 View Post
    Hi ,

I have a small question if you can help me.. Your reply is really appreciated

My Wife was on f2 visa, my H1b got approved on OCT 7 2016. I got to know that my h1b approved on OCT 7, but my employer forgot to apply COS - change of status for my wife , from f2 visa to h4. I decided to apply COS but i haven't got my h1b approval I 797 form till then. I did some research and found no help online. i decided to send back my wife to India. she left USA on OCT-14-2016

Now she got her H4 visa Approved nov - 4 th 2016.

my question is, since she is out of status for one week, will it be problem at PORT OF ENTRY. will they ask about one week out of status, can she give explanation, and also since her visa is now h4. will still they ask about f2 status questions.
    A week out of status especially for dependent visa holders is generally not a issue.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X