Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hike since receiving LCA petition. Net instead of Gross monthly income on DS-160.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hike since receiving LCA petition. Net instead of Gross monthly income on DS-160.

I have a situation that is twofold.

I submitted the LCA petition for extension in March '16. This reflected my annual gross salary at that time of $76,000.

However in April '16, I received a salary hike to $91,500.

I am scheduled to submit my H1-B extension documents on Nov 14th, 2016 through a dropbox in my company's Bangalore office.

Now coming to my DS-160:

I filled this form online in Oct '16 but made the mistake of filling in my CURRENT NET MONTHLY SALARY of $4795, (based on my current gross pay of $91,500).

I read that as long as the salary is greater than or equal to the LCA petition salary I am good to go. However, since I put the net monthly income,
    rather than gross income (91,500/12), I am worried since 4795 is even LESS than the LCA salary monthly gross of 76,000/12.

Just to confirm I have stated my problem clearly,

LCA extension reflected salary - $76,000/year
    What I currently make (Hike after receiving LCA petition extension) - $91,500/year

What I filled in DS-160 for monthly salary in local currency - $4795 (which is my current IN HAND monthly pay)
    What I should have filled in DS-160 for monthly salary in local currency - $91,500/12 = $7625 (which is my current GROSS monthly pay)

Please advise on whether I have the time to fill in a new DS-160 before my dropbox appointment. I have read that it is possible to take a copy of the updated
    DS-160 to the visa appointment but I have to submit the forms through a dropbox and will not get a chance to explain myself to a visa officer.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X