221g slip for H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g slip for H1B

I dropped my passport in drop box with supporting document in Chennai on 1st Nov 2016.. After few days got a mail from embassy to collect my passport at given pickup location. I collect my passport and found that 221g slip was attached with few questions. On 11th I went to Chennai consulate with all the requested documents . VO asked me my current petition copy, client letter , project details, my CV and asked few generic questions about my employer, salary and project .He checked all of my documents and said thanks and returned all my documents + US help guide. But he retained/kept my PASSPORT.

He did not tell me if my visa is approved or not .. can you please help me on this situation.

Originally posted by prakashg02 View Post
    I dropped my passport in drop box with supporting document in Chennai on 1st Nov 2016.. After few days got a mail from embassy to collect my passport at given pickup location. I collect my passport and found that 221g slip was attached with few questions. On 11th I went to Chennai consulate with all the requested documents . VO asked me my current petition copy, client letter , project details, my CV and asked few generic questions about my employer, salary and project .He checked all of my documents and said thanks and returned all my documents + US help guide. But he retained/kept my PASSPORT.

He did not tell me if my visa is approved or not .. can you please help me on this situation.
    Wonder what triggered the need for a call for interview when you were eligible for a dropbox. You can only wait and follow up regularly.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

221g

Originally posted by prakashg02 View Post

My wife received 221G admin processing on 11/29/2016. We submitted all Docs in 2 days and have been waiting since 12/01/2016 but no updates. Have you heard back anything in your case? Any info that you could share would be very helpful

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X