H1B Visa Approved but online status shows Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting on Admin Processing. Been 4 weeks already

Hey friends. Found this forum while looking to see if the status I am stuck in is common among H1-B applicants.
    I gave my interview at the New Delhi US consulate. Although the interview officer said "your visa will be issued but with some delay due to backlog"

Interview - Feb 15
    Case Status Update - Feb 19

Never knew this would be such a long wait. 3 of us gave the interview in same week but 1 got it after a 4 weeks, one got in 2 days but I have been waiting still. No communication from them asking for any kind of documentation. Anxious about how long my employer would let me WFH in this scenario which might take months.

Glad to se some of the folks here have started seeing some status updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by abhie19 View Post
      Hey friends. Found this forum while looking to see if the status I am stuck in is common among H1-B applicants.
      I gave my interview at the New Delhi US consulate. Although the interview officer said "your visa will be issued but with some delay due to backlog"

Interview - Feb 15

Never knew this would be such a long wait. 3 of us gave the interview in same week but 1 got it after a 4 weeks, one got in 2 days but I have been waiting still. No communication from them asking for any kind of documentation. Anxious about how long my employer would let me WFH in this scenario which might take months.

Hopefully yours is coming soon too! One of my friend's in Delhi got it in 2 weeks, another in 4 weeks. Hopefully yours is just paperwork backlog and they don't actually have to do anything. I've been waiting for 3 months since they approved visa at the interview, but I'm in Dubai.

Comment

• 221g on Drop box 2019

I am sharing my recent VISA experience to see if anyone else is in the same condition and this information can help.

I submitted my passport in Dropbox on 02 Jan 2019 at Visa Application Center (VAC) new Delhi. Received it back with 221G blue slip on 10 Jan 2019 asking to appear for VISA interview and fingerprinting.

Appeared for an interview on 14 Jan 2019.
        Visa officer(VO) asked:
        What is your profile?
        Which client you are working (Visa officer opened the client's website site and asked the nature of business).
        Visa officer said few documents (I797, I129, LCA, and Cover Letter Submitted to DHS with the Petition application, Tax return last year, Client Letter) required from me, the application is under administrative processing and asked to check my mail for any further communications.
        Visa officer gave me 221G blue slip and told me that I need to send all listed documents to email [email protected]

I sent the documents on 22 January 2019 and got auto reply message that they received my docs.
        On 28 January 2019, my case was updated on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
        Case Created: 03-Jan-2019
        Case Last Updated: 28-Jan-2019
        On 12 February 2019 my case was updated on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
        Case Last Updated: 12-Feb-2019
        On 15 February 2019 I got an email on my company email id that Your ustraveldocs.com inquiry Case-2019- **-**- **** ** Has Been Closed
        Dear Applicant,
        This is pertaining to your Non-Immigrant Visa Application, Passport no- **** ***. You are required to submit your passport at the nearest Visa Application Center, in order to proceed ahead with the case.
        Please submit the above requested document at the nearest Visa Application Center (VAC) along with a copy of this email. To locate the VAC center closest to you, please check www.ustraveldocs.com/in or call +91120-4844644/+914046258222 between Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm., Indian Standard Time (IST) and Sunday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm., IST. Be sure to refer to your case number on all submissions. Do NOT submit any original personal documents (degrees, mark sheets, etc.) as documents submitted will NOT be returned (other than passports and petitions).

Regards,
        NIV Unit
        Consular Section
        American Embassy
        New Delhi

Submitted my passport with email printout on 15 February 2019 at Visa Application Center (VAC) new Delhi.
        On 26 February 2019 my case was updated on https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

Case Last Updated: 26-Feb-2019

NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
        Issued
        Application ID or Case Number: **** ** *** ****
        Case Last Updated: 26-Feb-2019

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than 10 working days, please see the webpage for contact information of the embassy or consulate where you submitted your application.
        For more information, please visit U.S. Embassy New Delhi.

on 01 March 2019 I got my Passport with VISA stamped.

*Always check your email because sometimes https://ceac.state.gov is not updated the status frequently.

Comment

• The wait continues post 60 days of Admin processing.

Comment

• Same here, still waiting. Have you tried anything besides mailing the consulate to ask for a status update?

Comment

• Hi,

My wife (H4) and me (H1) went for visa interview in New Delhi on 11th March, after interview VO kept our (my wife and mine) passport and told that your passport will be ready in a week time. I received my passport collection email on 13th March but my wife's status still showing "Administrative Processing". No slip was given to use

[During interview VO asked about our stay in US after L1 B visa (8th July 2018) expiry for that I provided I had valid I-94 (8 Dec 2020) and my wife was staying based on L2 extension filed (Her visa and I-94 date was 8th July 2018 ), she asked for wife's L2 extension document but L2 extension document that I did not carry with me I told that L2 extension document is not handy with me)

11th March : Visa Interview in New Delhi,Both H1 & H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing"
              12th March : H1 status showing as "Issued" & H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing"
              13th March : Email received for H1 Visa, H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing"
              14th March: Collected H1 Passport, H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing"
              15th March: H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing"
              16th March :H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing"
              17th March : H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing"
              18th March: H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing", Sent email to usttraveldocs and called usttraveldocs and got response that it take 7 to 10 working days.
              19th March : H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing"
              20th March: H4 status showing as "Administrative Processing"

So it's 8th business day and tomorrow (21st march) is public holiday and not received any email for additional document and still my wife's H4 visa status is showing " Administrative Processing".

Any one else faced same situation and how much time it took to clear "Administrative Processing"

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckhere View Post
                Same here, still waiting. Have you tried anything besides mailing the consulate to ask for a status update?
                Is there any email id to directly contact ? eg New Delhi

Comment

Waiting on Admin Processing. Been 4 weeks already

Interview - Feb 15

Any update ?

Comment

• Originally posted by janarthans View Post
                    The wait continues post 60 days of Admin processing.
                    Did you get 221g ?

Comment

• Originally posted by janarthans View Post
                      The wait continues post 60 days of Admin processing.
                      50 days for me. Did you receive any communication? I just had one update since end of January and no activity / communication since then.

Comment

• No updates for me either. Case last update - 02/19. Still Admin Processing.

Comment

• Hello -

Did anyone get a generic yellow letter saying the visa application needs time for extra admin processing due to SEVIS history? How long did it take for you to get the stamped passport back?

During my interview the VO said visa is approved and it would take 2-3 days extra to get the passport beyond the regular wait time of 3-5 business days (LOL). It's been 20 days since my interview and no news yet.

When I inquired at the email address given in the letter - I got a generic response of "Administrative Processing" and please wait .. and check the ceac visa tracking website blah blah

On emailing this address for New Delhi Consulate [email protected] I got the following unhelpful response :-

Thank you for the email inquiry. Your application is refused under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act for administrative processing. After administrative processing is complete, the application will be reconsidered. U.S. immigration law requires that additional steps be completed in some cases before a file can be advanced for adjudicative review. In general, most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview; however, timing varies based on the individual circumstances of each case.

The Department of State is continuously working to expedite visas. Please be assured that we will contact you as soon as your case is processed to conclusion. You can also check the status of your visa online at: https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/.

We hope this information is helpful to you.
                          Last edited by ManiMishra; 04-02-2019, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luck2018 View Post

Is there any email id to directly contact ? eg New Delhi
                            Mine is at the consulate in Dubai. There is a general email for status inquiries on their website. The US consulate Delhi website will probably have an email address listed that you can send an email to. Good luck

Comment

No updates for me either. Case last update - 02/19. Still Admin Processing.
                              Any update?

Comment

• Originally posted by archermaan View Post

50 days for me. Did you receive any communication? I just had one update since end of January and no activity / communication since then.
                                Any update?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X