No announcement yet.

H1B Visa Approved but online status shows Administrative Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• archermaan stuckhere Any updates on your cases, My case is a carbon copy, VO approved my case, but it has been in AP since 7th Feb(Date of the interview). No change in case update date and no documents acked till now. No communication made to the employers as well. How are you keeping yourself motivated, i am getting hopeless day by day.

Comment

• Similar case for me too. Interview 14th Feb, last update - 19th feb. No communications of any kind so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by RFE2AP View Post
        archermaan stuckhere Any updates on your cases, My case is a carbon copy, VO approved my case, but it has been in AP since 7th Feb(Date of the interview). No change in case update date and no documents acked till now. No communication made to the employers as well. How are you keeping yourself motivated, i am getting hopeless day by day.
        Unfortunately no update for me. The last case update was 28 Jan. I know its easy to get hopeless but all we can do is stay positive and hope for the best. Good thing for me is that I work for a Consulting company and have option to work out of India until I can travel.

Comment

• Originally posted by abhie19 View Post
          Similar case for me too. Interview 14th Feb, last update - 19th feb. No communications of any kind so far.
          A minor update on my case today.
          The status is still Admin Processing but the case last update date changed to April 16 2019. Guess that's some uplift coming after 2 months. Still a long way to go though.

Comment

• My status changed to Issued yesterday. And today the passport tracker shows its being processed for delivery. I had requested passport to be sent via post to me.

Here's my story

4th March: Interview. Passport kept. Was given a general yellow note that said additional admin processing on SEVIS was required. No case number or name was written on this note. VO said it'll be processed in 7-10 business days. CEAC tracker showed 4th March as case last updated for a long time
            ---no update/communication for 6 weeks ---
            12th April: Case updated
            15th April: Issued. Status says to reach out to consulate if passport not received in 10 business days.
            16th APril: Passport tracker says "Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery"

No documents were requested meanwhile.

All the best to everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by RFE2AP View Post
              archermaan stuckhere Any updates on your cases, My case is a carbon copy, VO approved my case, but it has been in AP since 7th Feb(Date of the interview). No change in case update date and no documents acked till now. No communication made to the employers as well. How are you keeping yourself motivated, i am getting hopeless day by day.
              Still no update for me. It's an extremely unfortunate situation as none of us are at fault for anything, just made a trip ...

Stay positive though! Personally I've tried everything I can like following up with the consulate, speaking with lawyers, my company, inquiring via a Senator. So the knowledge that I've tried everything and the fact that everyone is telling me that it's just security checks is keeping me positive. Like archermaan luckily I've been able to work remotely as well albeit not the full 40 hours a week, I'm averaging about 25 hours a week. Still enough to keep making rent, car and other payments in the US. Thank god I decided to bring my work laptop along.

Can't do anything more so just trying to keep myself busy/entertained. Best wishes to us all!

Comment

• It's great to hear that you guys are still working, My company was generous enough o pay me for 2.5 months exhausting all my vacations. Let's see what is in store for me. documents, car, rent, insurance, phone bill, lets see

Comment

• stuckhere Not sure if it'll help. but try contacting the DOS-NVC in US if you have the time. All the best!

"Phone (for nonimmigrant visa inquiries only):
                  (603) 334-0888. Please be advised that the NVC has temporarily changed the hours of operation for our call center. Customer Service Representatives are available from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. Due to high call volumes, wait times can be in excess of 30 minutes."

Comment

• My status changed to issued today. Here is my timeline -:

25th March: OFC appointment -> status: Application created
                    26th March: Visa Interview -> status: Application created
                    5th April: Application updated -> status: Admin Processing
                    16th April : Application updated -> status: Admin Processing
                    18th April : Application updated -> status: Issued
                    Last edited by cantstopspring; 04-18-2019, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckhere View Post

Still no update for me. It's an extremely unfortunate situation as none of us are at fault for anything, just made a trip ...

Stay positive though! Personally I've tried everything I can like following up with the consulate, speaking with lawyers, my company, inquiring via a Senator. So the knowledge that I've tried everything and the fact that everyone is telling me that it's just security checks is keeping me positive. Like archermaan luckily I've been able to work remotely as well albeit not the full 40 hours a week, I'm averaging about 25 hours a week. Still enough to keep making rent, car and other payments in the US. Thank god I decided to bring my work laptop along.

Can't do anything more so just trying to keep myself busy/entertained. Best wishes to us all!
                      No updates yet on my case.
                      Dec 14th 2018 - Visa Interview, Visa approved by interviewing officer.
                      Case is in Administrative Processing till date

Comment

A minor update on my case today.
                        The status is still Admin Processing but the case last update date changed to April 16 2019. Guess that's some uplift coming after 2 months. Still a long way to go though.
                        Some positive news, my visa got ISSUED on April 18 and received the passport on April 19th.
                        It was a long and grueling wait, but very soon I realized that other than waiting, there was hardly anything we could do.

Quick Timeline

Feb 14 - Interview at Delhi consulate (H1-B Stamping)
                        Feb 19 - Status Admin Processing
                        April 16 - Case last update changed to April 16
                        April 18 - Case status changed to ISSUED (The second update is usually a sign that you may soon (within 1-5 days) get the decision update)
                        April 19 - Received my passport

All the best to all of you still waiting out there. This thread had been very helpful to keep track of updates and stay hopeful. I hope you guys receive your status updates soon.

Comment

Some positive news, my visa got ISSUED on April 18 and received the passport on April 19th.
                          It was a long and grueling wait, but very soon I realized that other than waiting, there was hardly anything we could do.

Quick Timeline

Feb 14 - Interview at Delhi consulate (H1-B Stamping)
                          Feb 19 - Status Admin Processing
                          April 16 - Case last update changed to April 16
                          April 18 - Case status changed to ISSUED (The second update is usually a sign that you may soon (within 1-5 days) get the decision update)
                          April 19 - Received my passport

All the best to all of you still waiting out there. This thread had been very helpful to keep track of updates and stay hopeful. I hope you guys receive your status updates soon.
                          Congratulations abhie19 !

My status - 74 business days completed, no update, case is in Administrative processing

Comment

• Originally posted by stuckhere View Post

Any update on your side ?

Comment

• Originally posted by janarthans View Post

Any update on your side ?
                              No updates, still administrative processing, case last updated 12th December, 2018.

I wrote to the consulate two weeks ago and this time they replied saying please refer to our website as your query has been answered there and we will not respond unless it has been 160 days or more. Not sure if they mean calendar days or working days. If calendar days then it's already been 138 days.

Comment

• I had my H1b stamping visa interview on 15th April and got the visa issued today 23rd App. Details as below

15 Apr - Visa interview - Visa approved after asking few questions.
                                16 Apr - Status shows admin processing
                                22 Apr - Last update date changed to 22 Apr
                                23 Apr - Status changed to issued. (Visa in final stages of processing)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X