H1B vs L post-elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B vs L post-elections

[I know there is big uncertainty - would appreciate any unfiltered thoughts though]

I plan to move to US in early 2017. I have an approved H1B visa and am able to get an L visa too. Employer is a known company with high salary.

For the purpose of staying in the US for many years (get a green card), which of H1B vs L is better?

Pre-elections I would say H1B since even if things do not work out with my first employer I get a chance to switch one.

But post elections...

- Which visa would be faster to green card? (employer will start process asap).

- Do you think Trump actions would affect existing H1B holders? Are there multiple intermediate approvals / extensions which I need to get in H1B that are now at risk?

- My spouse wants to work after 1 year. We were counting on getting EAD, is it expected to take a hit too?

- Can I go the L path but if something goes wrong with employer revert to H1B?

I appreciate any feedback!

Originally posted by kidontheblock20 View Post
    [I know there is big uncertainty - would appreciate any unfiltered thoughts though]

I plan to move to US in early 2017. I have an approved H1B visa and am able to get an L visa too. Employer is a known company with high salary.

For the purpose of staying in the US for many years (get a green card), which of H1B vs L is better?

Pre-elections I would say H1B since even if things do not work out with my first employer I get a chance to switch one.

But post elections...

- Which visa would be faster to green card? (employer will start process asap).

- Do you think Trump actions would affect existing H1B holders? Are there multiple intermediate approvals / extensions which I need to get in H1B that are now at risk?

- My spouse wants to work after 1 year. We were counting on getting EAD, is it expected to take a hit too?

- Can I go the L path but if something goes wrong with employer revert to H1B?

I appreciate any feedback!
    Which category will employer file your GC in EB1/EB2/EB3? What is your country of birth?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Which category will employer file your GC in EB1/EB2/EB3? What is your country of birth?
      Not sure which category. I think EB2.

I'm from Europe.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X