Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b Stamping is done. I am in India and can i transfer to other employer in India?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Stamping is done. I am in India and can i transfer to other employer in India?

Hi Folks,

I got H1B approved and stamped last month(Oct 2016) from my current employer in India. Can I transfer my H1B to another emplyer in India and travel to US? Is this something legal and will there be any issues at POE?

Please provide your suggessions.

Thanks,
    snallamothu.

Yes, you can transfer if you have another employer who is willing to sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by snallamothu View Post
      Hi Folks,

I got H1B approved and stamped last month(Oct 2016) from my current employer in India. Can I transfer my H1B to another emplyer in India and travel to US? Is this something legal and will there be any issues at POE?

Please provide your suggessions.

Thanks,
      snallamothu.

You can always transfer your H1B employer if your H1B visa is approved . Your new employer needs to file a new H1B with cap exempt.

It take from 2 months to 6 months generally and if they can, your case can be filed as premium process and you wil get the approval in 15 calendar days.

You need to go for stamping once your petition is approved and you get a new I-797.

Best of luck.
      Last edited by samlynn; 11-26-2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X