Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My H1b visa expired without visiting USA

Hello Everyone,

My visa has expired last August 18 2016 without visiting USA due to some reasons. I'm still working with the same employer. Is there anyway to renewal my visa? What has to be done from my end.? Humble request to everyone please guide me on this hard situation. Please let me know if details required to guide me on this.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Balu Bommana View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My visa has expired last August 18 2016 without visiting USA due to some reasons. I'm still working with the same employer. Is there anyway to renewal my visa? What has to be done from my end.? Humble request to everyone please guide me on this hard situation. Please let me know if details required to guide me on this.

Thanks in advance!
    You need to take it up with your employer or any other prospective employer.

The employer can file a cap exempt petition immediately and the approval of that will get a new I797 using which you can renew the visa. Of course, there has to be an open position and job available for your skill sets in order for the employer to file the petition for you.

This is my opinion not legal advie.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You need to take it up with your employer or any other prospective employer.

The employer can file a cap exempt petition immediately and the approval of that will get a new I797 using which you can renew the visa. Of course, there has to be an open position and job available for your skill sets in order for the employer to file the petition for you.

This is my opinion not legal advie.
      Thank you so much for your advice. How long it takes if we file a CAP. What is the process?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X