Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Nationality on H1B

Hi,
    I have a CAP EXEMPT H1B stamped in my Venezuelan passport. Right now, my government is not issuing passport renewals and my passport will expired in February. I need to travel outside of the country in January and I would like to know if I could use my other passport to enter the USA as a Portuguese but using my H1B stamped in my Venezuelan one. Any thoughts?

Thank you very much.

You can use a visa in an expired passport with another valid passport only if both passports are from the same country. Venezuela is not renewing passports even if you go there? Some of your options are: 1) Apply for an H-1b visa in your Portuguese passport while you are outside the US, and enter on that; or 2) Re-enter on your Venezuelan passport, which won't be expired yet in January, and you will be admitted only until the passport expires (it doesn't have to be valid for 6 months as Venezuela is on the list of countries accepting the passport for 6 months after expiry), and then your employer immediately files for extension of H1b status for you in the US.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X