Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer revoking H1B as project ended

Hi,

I am running into very difficult situation right now. My project is going to be ended tomorrow (12/02/2016) and my american employer will revoke my H1B as they don't have bench period. I spoke with them to show vacation time but they could not able to do it. Now i need to transfer my H1B to other employer but to transfer i need to get a project and client letter. Please help me to understand what i can do or best options?

I have H1B stamped till Aug 2017 and I94 extended till that time. I have I140 approved to that employer.

Will i be 'out of status' if my employer revoke my H1B? Do i need to go back as i don't have work authorization? Please help and suggest some way out. Thanks for your advise in advance.

Originally posted by ranajit79 View Post
    Hi,

I am running into very difficult situation right now. My project is going to be ended tomorrow (12/02/2016) and my american employer will revoke my H1B as they don't have bench period. I spoke with them to show vacation time but they could not able to do it. Now i need to transfer my H1B to other employer but to transfer i need to get a project and client letter. Please help me to understand what i can do or best options?

I have H1B stamped till Aug 2017 and I94 extended till that time. I have I140 approved to that employer.

Will i be 'out of status' if my employer revoke my H1B? Do i need to go back as i don't have work authorization? Please help and suggest some way out. Thanks for your advise in advance.
    You need to find another employer ASAP and have them file H1 petition. USCIS may grant a 60 day grace period in between jobs.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X