No announcement yet.

I797 paper copy not required for interview. Only receipt number printed on I129

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I797 paper copy not required for interview. Only receipt number printed on I129

Hi,

I've a question. I am in India and my company in US applied for the transfer of H1B Visa under premium. After they applied I got the Receipt Notice copy which says Form I797C Notice of Action. Attached the same for your ref.

Today I got the scanned copy of the I197 approved notice but they have to send the original to India from US.

When I checked the list of document's required they said at the time of interview they need " The receipt number printed on your approved I-129 petition. Paper copies of the I-797 are not required at the interview."

But I am not sure which document is approved I-129 petition. Is the the receipt notice that I received or it's a different document that I need to request to my employer.

Attached the screenshot of the Receipt Notice document that I received.

Appreciate if someone give some quick response. It will help to book the appointment.

Regards
    Vivek
    Attached Files

Originally posted by vivekrautela View Post
    Hi,

I've a question. I am in India and my company in US applied for the transfer of H1B Visa under premium. After they applied I got the Receipt Notice copy which says Form I797C Notice of Action. Attached the same for your ref.

Today I got the scanned copy of the I197 approved notice but they have to send the original to India from US.

When I checked the list of document's required they said at the time of interview they need " The receipt number printed on your approved I-129 petition. Paper copies of the I-797 are not required at the interview."

But I am not sure which document is approved I-129 petition. Is the the receipt notice that I received or it's a different document that I need to request to my employer.

Attached the screenshot of the Receipt Notice document that I received.

Appreciate if someone give some quick response. It will help to book the appointment.

Regards
    Vivek
    You need the I797A or B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You need the I797A or B.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

I've the I797B but I only have the scanned copy and not the original copy. The original will take 7-10 days via post. Can I go for the appointment with scanned copy?

Vivek

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X