Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer

Hello,

Since I lost my job in 1st week of November 2016 and just to secure my H1B status I joined a consultancy firm (They just help finding jobs). They were ready to transfer my visa for their internal projects. My H1B transfer with them recently got approved and my payroll hasn't started yet. However now the situation is that I have been offered another job by a big firm. Is it possible to move to this new firm? Please let me know?

Originally posted by vivanvian123 View Post
    Hello,

Since I lost my job in 1st week of November 2016 and just to secure my H1B status I joined a consultancy firm (They just help finding jobs). They were ready to transfer my visa for their internal projects. My H1B transfer with them recently got approved and my payroll hasn't started yet. However now the situation is that I have been offered another job by a big firm. Is it possible to move to this new firm? Please let me know?
    Without being paid you are currently out of status. Any subsequent transfer is at beat going to be approved without an I94.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Without being paid you are currently out of status. Any subsequent transfer is at beat going to be approved without an I94.

I am on H1b (Its been approved and my employer is holding it) so I am not sure how am I out of status? Just the payrol hasn't started yet. Please advice

Comment

Originally posted by vivanvian123 View Post
        I am on H1b (Its been approved and my employer is holding it) so I am not sure how am I out of status? Just the payrol hasn't started yet. Please advice
        Merely having approval notice is not proof of status, one needs to have paystubs as per LCA to prove valid status. If employer will eventually pay you and it's shows in W2, you would be fine.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X