Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1b visa stamping after extension and I-140 approval

Hi,

My employer is a University(H1B-CAP Exempt). They filed for my GC and I got the I-140 approval. My H1b extension (I-797A) is also approved from March 2017 to March 2020. Last I visited India was in December 2013 and visa stamp was until September 2015. After which my H1b was extended again till 2017 march. I did not go for stamping during this period. After that my I-140 was approved and H1b extension was approved until March 2020 from March 2017. Is it mandatory that I go for stamping for H1b visa? IS this situation familiar to anyone? Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Thanks

Originally posted by MGUD View Post
    Hi,

My employer is a University(H1B-CAP Exempt). They filed for my GC and I got the I-140 approval. My H1b extension (I-797A) is also approved from March 2017 to March 2020. Last I visited India was in December 2013 and visa stamp was until September 2015. After which my H1b was extended again till 2017 march. I did not go for stamping during this period. After that my I-140 was approved and H1b extension was approved until March 2020 from March 2017. Is it mandatory that I go for stamping for H1b visa? IS this situation familiar to anyone? Can anyone provide any suggestions?

Thanks
    No. Visas are only for entry to the US. If you stay in the US, you don't need to enter, and thus don't need a visa.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X