Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding L1A max out and going back to US on H4

Hi,

My L1A visa tenure of 7 years completed and I came back to India recently in June 2016. My wife is working in H1B in USA.
    I want to go to US on H4 Visa. Please clarify the below questions.

1) Because of my stay in US max out with 7 years, will I be able to go back to US on H4 before completion of 1 year outside US ?
    2) If the answer to 1st question is YES, I would like to go to US before March 2017 on H4 which is 9 months after my max out time.
    I am also trying for my own H1B this year, if it gets picked up in lottery will they consider my H4 stay in US starting from March 2017
    and will reject the H1B application saying that there is no completion of 1 year outside US after max out period of 7 years ?

Thanks for your help.
    Mahesh.

If anyone has any answer to the above question, please reply. thanks.

If anyone has any answer to the above question, please reply. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by bmaheshreddy View Post
      Hi,

My L1A visa tenure of 7 years completed and I came back to India recently in June 2016. My wife is working in H1B in USA.
      I want to go to US on H4 Visa. Please clarify the below questions.

1) Because of my stay in US max out with 7 years, will I be able to go back to US on H4 before completion of 1 year outside US ?
      2) If the answer to 1st question is YES, I would like to go to US before March 2017 on H4 which is 9 months after my max out time.
      I am also trying for my own H1B this year, if it gets picked up in lottery will they consider my H4 stay in US starting from March 2017
      and will reject the H1B application saying that there is no completion of 1 year outside US after max out period of 7 years ?

Thanks for your help.
      Mahesh.
      1. Yes.
      2. Yes.
      This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X