Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa interview in Nairobi, Kenya

All

I am travelling to Kenya , Nairobi on an Indian passport to visit my relatives. I am attending H-1b visa interview at the US consulate in Nairobi. I am currently on my 7th year in H-1b with approve I140 from my employer. I have the following questions

1. Any experience/suggestions from anyone attending H-1b visa at Nairobi consulate? Especially anyone with Indian passport or non-kenya passport
    2. If I get administrative processing can I request my passport back so that I can go to India?
    3. If the administrative processing is successful do I need to submit my passport back at the Nairobi embassy?
    4. With an approved I140, if asked whether I would return to India what should the answer be?

Thanks in advance for your replies/info

Originally posted by sirish11235 View Post
    All

I am travelling to Kenya , Nairobi on an Indian passport to visit my relatives. I am attending H-1b visa interview at the US consulate in Nairobi. I am currently on my 7th year in H-1b with approve I140 from my employer. I have the following questions

1. Any experience/suggestions from anyone attending H-1b visa at Nairobi consulate? Especially anyone with Indian passport or non-kenya passport
    2. If I get administrative processing can I request my passport back so that I can go to India?
    3. If the administrative processing is successful do I need to submit my passport back at the Nairobi embassy?
    4. With an approved I140, if asked whether I would return to India what should the answer be?

Thanks in advance for your replies/info
    Normally consulates do not entertain third country nationals who are in the country of interview only for shot duration so advisable to confirm from the US consulate in Nairobi.
    2. Yes, but you will have to withdraw first, and it will be considered a denial which has to be mentioned in all future DS 160.
    3. If you don't with draw how will you leave, if you withdraw the question of Admin processing continuing does not arise.
    4. Whatever is the truth. Merely having an approved I140 does not guarantee a permanent stay in US, and also does not take away your right to return to India for long durations.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

Hello, I am travelling to kenya and planning to do the H1B visa stamping there. Can you please share your experience? I am looking for more blog or post but unable to find anything. I m Indian Citizen

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X