Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 and H4 Extension + H4 EAD renewal

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently on H4 with EAD valid till June 2017( H1/H4 visa is expiring in June 2017). We have an approved i140 based on which my husband's company is filing H1 and H4 extension but they are not willing to file my H4 EAD renewal(not because of money but due to their policy). I have two options now -

1. File for H4 extension along with H1 extension through the my husband's company. On receiving the filing receipt I then apply for my EAD renewal. Suppose if I file H4 extension along with H1 in Jan 2017 and receive the receipt I am eligible to apply for EAD renewal in Feb/March 2017 considering the fact that we can apply for EAD renewal just 120/90 days before expiry.

2. File for H4 extension separately(of my own) to my husband's H1 extension. So I can apply for H4 extension and H4 EAD renewal together. I am not sure if this will be of any help.

Please share your experiences and let me know the best option and risk involved.

Thanks!!
    Deepti Masand

Note - I'm currently employed and working as full time employee in an IT firm. Looking at the processing times for H4 extension and EAD renewal I just want to know the best and feasible way to file my extension and EAD renewal

H1 and H4 Extension + H4 EAD renewal - looking for help

Hi Deepti,

I'm in the same situation as you currently. What option did you choose? Could you provide any pros and cons of going with either of the options? This information will be greatly helpful to everyone out there. Thanks!

- VKG

Originally posted by Deeptiraheja View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I'm currently on H4 with EAD valid till June 2017( H1/H4 visa is expiring in June 2017). We have an approved i140 based on which my husband's company is filing H1 and H4 extension but they are not willing to file my H4 EAD renewal(not because of money but due to their policy). I have two options now -

1. File for H4 extension along with H1 extension through the my husband's company. On receiving the filing receipt I then apply for my EAD renewal. Suppose if I file H4 extension along with H1 in Jan 2017 and receive the receipt I am eligible to apply for EAD renewal in Feb/March 2017 considering the fact that we can apply for EAD renewal just 120/90 days before expiry.

2. File for H4 extension separately(of my own) to my husband's H1 extension. So I can apply for H4 extension and H4 EAD renewal together. I am not sure if this will be of any help.

Please share your experiences and let me know the best option and risk involved.

Thanks!!
    Deepti Masand

Note - I'm currently employed and working as full time employee in an IT firm. Looking at the processing times for H4 extension and EAD renewal I just want to know the best and feasible way to file my extension and EAD renewal

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X