Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can H4 EAD extension be filed based on H1 extension Receipt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can H4 EAD extension be filed based on H1 extension Receipt?

My husband has his I-140 approved and his H1B extension is filed and pending with USCIS for last 2 months. I currently hold an H4 EAD which is due to expire on Feb 22, 2017 (same as my husband's current H1B expiry date).

My husband's employer is not ready to upgrade his H1B extension request in premium mode. Therefore, I just wanted to know whether it's possible to apply for an H4 EAD extension on the basis of H1B extension receipt. Please advise.

Thanks in advance!!

Yes all of them can be filed AT ONE TIME

Yes u can apply with receipt
    As long as the H4's I-94 had not expired at the time of filing the EAD application, the chances are excellent.
    You can file EAd with the H1 extension reciept or with i40 submission

**it is an opinion not a legal advice**

Comment

Originally posted by dreamzzz View Post
      Yes u can apply with receipt
      As long as the H4's I-94 had not expired at the time of filing the EAD application, the chances are excellent.
      You can file EAd with the H1 extension reciept or with i40 submission

**it is an opinion not a legal advice**
      Yes one can, but unless H1 extension is approved,the EAD extension would not be.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Yes one can, but unless H1 extension is approved,the EAD extension would not be.

What i know is you can apply for h4 ead extension based on h1 extension reciept ..

*This is my opinion*

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by raghvi View Post

What i know is you can apply for h4 ead extension based on h1 extension receipt ..

aprroval is based on scenarios but at least you can apply with receipt

*This is my opinion*

Comment

Can H4 be filed using H1 extension receipt number ?

Hi, My I-140 just came back approved. I want to file H4 EAD for my spouse who is currently on F1. My attorney filed for my H1 extension (my visa expired Sep 1st 17 and my extension was filed Aug 20th 17). I wanted to know if H-4 can be applied for my husband with my H1B extension receipt number? After H4 comes back approved we can file for H4 EAD.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X