Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 221G Blue Slip Jan 2017

Hi All,

I attended H1B visa interview on 3rd Jan 2017 at US consulate Chennai.
    The petitioner is a small IT company in US but has been in business for more than 10 years

Conversation:
    [VO] Good Morning.
    [me] Good Morning.

[VO] Can I have your passport.
    [Me] Handed over the passports of mine, wife and Kid.

[VO] For how many years are you working with this Employer.
    [Me] He is a new Employer. I work in India.

[VO] which company do you work for in India
    [me] ZZZ Company.

[VO] Which Client will you be working for.
    [me] I will be working on an In House Project.

[VO] Can i see the Project document and description.
    [me] I did not have any.But i said i can provide the support letter submitted by my Petitioner to USICS.

Then she typing on the system for about 2 minutes. Then she turned to us and took the blue 221g sheet and handed over to us.
    She had marked the section "The detailed Description of project to which you will be assigned. Including a complete technical description of the project , timeline,current status , no of employees assigned, work location and market analysis of the final product".

She asked marked the section to stating that PDF of the letter has to be sent to their email ID and returned our passports.

When i asked her if need to make a new appointment , she said i don't have to come back.

I have updated my employer about the status and waiting for the documents .

Will i receive any mail after issuing 221(G) ?

I really appreciate if anyone had similar experience can give me some inputs. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by SimpleT View Post
    Hi All,

I attended H1B visa interview on 3rd Jan 2017 at US consulate Chennai.
    The petitioner is a small IT company in US but has been in business for more than 10 years

Conversation:
    [VO] Good Morning.
    [me] Good Morning.

[VO] Can I have your passport.
    [Me] Handed over the passports of mine, wife and Kid.

[VO] For how many years are you working with this Employer.
    [Me] He is a new Employer. I work in India.

[VO] which company do you work for in India
    [me] ZZZ Company.

[VO] Which Client will you be working for.
    [me] I will be working on an In House Project.

[VO] Can i see the Project document and description.
    [me] I did not have any.But i said i can provide the support letter submitted by my Petitioner to USICS.

Then she typing on the system for about 2 minutes. Then she turned to us and took the blue 221g sheet and handed over to us.
    She had marked the section "The detailed Description of project to which you will be assigned. Including a complete technical description of the project , timeline,current status , no of employees assigned, work location and market analysis of the final product".

She asked marked the section to stating that PDF of the letter has to be sent to their email ID and returned our passports.

When i asked her if need to make a new appointment , she said i don't have to come back.

I have updated my employer about the status and waiting for the documents .

Will i receive any mail after issuing 221(G) ?

I really appreciate if anyone had similar experience can give me some inputs. Thanks in advance.

My wife is in very similar situation (Visa Interview on 11/29/2016) and received 221g requested same set of documents from her employer. We submitted in less than 2 days and waiting since Dec 1st 2016. While submitting all your documents, please ensure its sent in 1 email and not multiple emails. If you heard back anything, please share

Comment

H1-B Blue slip

hi,

we are in the same situation. My husband attended the interview in chennai consulate on Feb-02-2017, they gave a blue slip asking for the additional documents and returned the passport.
      How long does it take for them to process these cases? i understand we have to wait minimum 60 days to enquire but are there any chances to get it sooner when they are giving 221G to many in the past days.

Comment

221 G Blue Slip @ Chennai Consulate

Hello ,

I am also having same problem. I was living in USA from 2011 with out any issues, but some reason this time I received 221 G Blue slip on Feb 6th 2017. is there any update from your end. any idea what is the time period for 221 G Blue slip.

Comment

Hi Mam,

Am in the same boat and is your husband visa got approved ? how long it will take to get back the response from US embassy ?

Originally posted by Priya05 View Post
          hi,

we are in the same situation. My husband attended the interview in chennai consulate on Feb-02-2017, they gave a blue slip asking for the additional documents and returned the passport.
          How long does it take for them to process these cases? i understand we have to wait minimum 60 days to enquire but are there any chances to get it sooner when they are giving 221G to many in the past days.

Comment

Originally posted by kumar_1986 View Post
            Hi Mam,

Am in the same boat and is your husband visa got approved ? how long it will take to get back the response from US embassy ?

Hi Guys,

Anyone of you got your visa approved?

Comment

Any Update?

Hello,

Did any of you got response from USICS?

I went to interview for H1B Extension along with wife and daughter on 10/6 and they asked for updated client letter, which i didnt have. So they gave me blue slip marking few documents and returned all documents including passports..

Submitted the documents on 10/19 and waiting for the update.

Please respond and help others...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X