Desi Consultancy Threatening Legal Action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desi Consultancy Threatening Legal Action

I got a call from Desi consultancy recently for a Job requirement and have asked me to sign the Non Competence Agreement /Personal Agreement to submit it to the Client for Interview. Salary was fixed as 110000 for Full time. I have cleared the Interview. Later they informed me that they will give 85K as Full time salary and difference will be paid as Bonus every 3 months. Later i found that their medical insurance in too high (Expecting Kid in next 3 months) and they are not providing the Relocation/401k and other benefits which we normally get for full time. Two Days latter, i have emailed them that i cannot join them. Yesterday they have sent legal notice to me that they will start lawsuit against me if i did not join them.

Note: I have not signed their Offer letter and H1B transfer is not yet started.

Please provide your thoughts whether legal action is valid in my case and some one can share their personal experience if they have faced this Previuosly.

You need to consult a lawyer....
    Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

Just flip them off

They cannot take any legal actions. There is no bonded labor or any concern. Just ignore he legal notice. Call them and tell you are not interested in taking their offer. This is a regular tactics followed by Desi consultancies. All they do is mint money from you. Once they know you are about to leave them they try to give you mental tortures. My only advice Never join Indian Consultancies.
      Last edited by kendallguy500; 01-08-2017, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Since you have not signed any offer letter, I do not see on what basis they can issue you a legal notice. I think the letter you received is merely a threat and not a legal notice since no lawyer would sign off on this (no legal basis). Even if you had signed an offer letter you have no obligation whatsoever. So, I agree with Kendallguy, just ignore the letter, inform them you are not going to join them, and carry on with your current plans.
        Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kendallguy500 View Post
          They cannot take any legal actions. There is no bonded labor or any concern. Just ignore he legal notice. Call them and tell you are not interested in taking their offer. This is a regular tactics followed by Desi consultancies. All they do is mint money from you. Once they know you are about to leave them they try to give you mental tortures. My only advice Never join Indian Consultancies.
          Numerous Indian consultancies have come to exist primarily to exploit those desperate for a US visa, with plenty of employee-to-employer quid pro quo payments changing hands under the table. Plenty of blame to go around on both sides.

The incoming Trump administration AG Session will presumably take steps to mitigate the wholesale visa abuse in the H1 program.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X