Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel with expired H1B (company A), valid I-797 (comp B), and future approved I-797?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel with expired H1B (company A), valid I-797 (comp B), and future approved I-797?

Hello Immihelp,

I'm trying to travel to India in February 2017, but I'm not sure of which I-797 to use for visa stamping, and whether I need to avoid using dropbox.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Details:

I-140 status: Approved in April 2015
    Stamped Visa: H1B (employer A), expired March 2016
    Current I-797A (employer B): valid from April 2014 to April 2017
    Renewed I-797A (employer B): valid from April 2017 to April 2020

Questions:

(1) For appointment/dropbox scheduling in February 2017, should I use the renewed approval notice (valid from April 2017 to April 2020)? Or the existing one (expiring in April 2017)?
    (2) If I use the renewed approval notice, would I be able to enter the US in February 2017 or would I have to wait until April 2017? I read something about a 10 day window from start of approval norice unless there is a valid visa.
    (3) If I use the older approval notice, would my I-94 now reflect April 2017 as the admit until date? Would I need to travel out of the country for another stamping in April 2017?
    (4) What should the "Start Date", "Expiration Date" as part of Petitioner section on the appointment page say? Should this be April 2017 to April 2020? Or can I change the start date to be February 2020 when I am traveling?
    (5) Is there a way to skip the dropbox, and schedule an appointment instead? The questions on the appointment scheduler are forcing me to use the dropbox.
    (6) While this isn't ideal, should I delay my travel plans to April 2017 so that there is a single valid approval notice? Would this be safer?

I would appreciate any help I with the above.

Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X