Kids H4 Visa. Husband not relocating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids H4 Visa. Husband not relocating.

My wife is going USA next month on H1B visa. I am working in India and have very good job and hence do not intend to leave my job. We have 3 year old kid who will be staying with me and her parents in India. But I do not intend to relocate to USA on dependent visa as I will not be allowed to work. I already have valid B1 visa till Aug 2017 and have visited on that visa to USA in past for two month. Our plan is to take our Kid on H4 visa and my wife's parent on visit visa to USA in month of June and her parents will stay there for at least 3-4 months and will come back. I will be coming back after 2-3 weeks. Then my wife will stay in USA with my kid.
    My question is
    1. Can I apply for H4 Visa and go there for only 2-3 week without resigning from my job? Just taking leave and re join my job after coming back.
    2. Should I apply for H4 or B2 Visa. Will my application for B2 will create any problem for kids H4?
    3. My in laws have good amount of FD and own house here so will be there any problem to get there visit visa?
    4. Also is there any time period before which H4 visa applicant should visit USA or else his/her visa is revoked.
    5. If our plan is June when we should apply for my kids H4 Visa.

Thanks for your help in advance

Based on the description, your best bet is a B2 for a short, temporary visit.
    Finances are not sole determinants for a visa; COs adjudicate based on multiple factors. Unemployed folks have in the past been issued visas, while well-off applicants have faced denials.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X