Issued 221G during H1 interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issued 221G during H1 interview

I have attended visa interview in Aug-15 at Mumbai and was issued 221g asking for project description and employment documents.After one month my employer has submitted all required documents.
    After 2 months 3rd party embassy guys visited our employer office and enquired about company and other details.On 16-Jan-16 got email for submitting passport to nearest visa office.
    I submitted my passport and my wife's passport next day.On Jan-28 got email to collect my passport. I thought my visa was issued and by the momnet i got my passport i was shocked as visa was not issues and again 221 white form was issued. In this form only one check box was checked which says " Your application required ADDITIONAL ADMINTRATIVE PROCESSING.This office will contact you via email."
    As nothing was requested i have not submitted any documents.Its been 1 year i have not heard anything about my case and status in CEAC portal was not changed it says below note.

Can any one suggest what can I do ? OR does this mean my visa was rejected? Please suggest.Appreciate your inputs.

Case Creation Date: 26-Aug-2015
    Status Updated Date: 28-Jan-2016

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Doesn't sound like a rejection. Admin processing can be days\weeks\months; never know. It takes as long as it takes for background checks, verifications, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      Doesn't sound like a rejection. Admin processing can be days\weeks\months; never know. It takes as long as it takes for background checks, verifications, etc.
      Thanks for your reply....hoping so :-)

Comment

Is this correct ? USCIS has temporarily suspended premium processing as one of the reason is to close pending applications ?
        If that is the case then my case will either approved OR rejected as this is been pending from 1 yr..
        Any one can please comment on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Suman_k View Post
          Is this correct ? USCIS has temporarily suspended premium processing as one of the reason is to close pending applications ?
          If that is the case then my case will either approved OR rejected as this is been pending from 1 yr..
          Any one can please comment on this.
          Yes, premium processing has been suspended for 6 months. I can't comment on the implications.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X