Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Extension stamping

Hi there,

I had my first h1b visa till March 23rd 2017 and when I went to stamping in chennai on June 2016 I was issued a 221 g blue slip and finally got my h1b visa stamped after 4 months i.e in October 2016 after all verification's and came back to USA.
    Now I applied for H1b extension(Premium processing) and got it extended for 2 years, so it expires on March 2019.

Now I am planning to go to India in the month of feb and will reuturn back in Feb and as my current h1b visa is expiring on Mrach 23rd 2017, is it ok if I dont go for stamping? or if should I have to go for stamping with the extension I have are there any chances I will get 221g again( this time I have drop box option.)

no change in employer or client as previous h1b.

Please Suggest( it will be great help)

Thanks

It is okay. Your current visa won't be expired yet when you enter so you don't need a new visa.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by john221g View Post
      Hi there,

I had my first h1b visa till March 23rd 2017 and when I went to stamping in chennai on June 2016 I was issued a 221 g blue slip and finally got my h1b visa stamped after 4 months i.e in October 2016 after all verification's and came back to USA.
      Now I applied for H1b extension(Premium processing) and got it extended for 2 years, so it expires on March 2019.

Now I am planning to go to India in the month of feb and will reuturn back in Feb and as my current h1b visa is expiring on Mrach 23rd 2017, is it ok if I dont go for stamping? or if should I have to go for stamping with the extension I have are there any chances I will get 221g again( this time I have drop box option.)

no change in employer or client as previous h1b.

Please Suggest( it will be great help)

Thanks
      Though not really a requirement, it is recommended to go for stamping and get yourself a new visa especially when your return trip is so close to the visa expiry.

The biggest disadvantage of not getting a new visa, is that the officer may grant I-94 only till visa expiry and not till petition expiry.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        Though not really a requirement, it is recommended to go for stamping and get yourself a new visa especially when your return trip is so close to the visa expiry.

The biggest disadvantage of not getting a new visa, is that the officer may grant I-94 only till visa expiry and not till petition expiry.

Visa expiration never has anything to do with how long the I-94 is.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
          Visa expiration never has anything to do with how long the I-94 is.
          I didn't say visa expiry has anything to do with I-94, but the I-94 expiry can be based upon visa expiry, even if one has a valid petition beyond the visa expiry date. There are numerous examples in the forum where the forum member were granted I-94 only till visa expiry even though they had an I797 beyond visa expiry.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X