H4 Stamping - L2 to H4 transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping - L2 to H4 transfer

Hi - I recently transferred from L1 to H1B (On Oct'16) but the L2 to H4 transfer wasn't applied at the time of H1 petition. However, my dependents were moved to home country before 1st Oct'16 and living there since then. Now, I am planning to bring them back to US on H4. Please advise, if I have to a) apply for the L2 to H4 transfer and have my dependents to go for stamping in home country (India) and travel back or b) Can they go for stamping with my approved H1B Petition papers without applying L2 to H4 transfer in US. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance !

Regards
    Nagaraju

Originally posted by aunr0902 View Post
    Hi - I recently transferred from L1 to H1B (On Oct'16) but the L2 to H4 transfer wasn't applied at the time of H1 petition. However, my dependents were moved to home country before 1st Oct'16 and living there since then. Now, I am planning to bring them back to US on H4. Please advise, if I have to a) apply for the L2 to H4 transfer and have my dependents to go for stamping in home country (India) and travel back or b) Can they go for stamping with my approved H1B Petition papers without applying L2 to H4 transfer in US. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance !

Regards
    Nagaraju
    They just need to attend the visa interview for H4 using your H1 petition and related documents

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      They just need to attend the visa interview for H4 using your H1 petition and related documents

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you Raghvi for sharing the info. ! It helps !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X