Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B petiion expiring in 1 month

Hi,
    My H1B petition duration is only 5 months, starting from Oct 1, 2016 to March 1, 2017. I got assignment recently and scheduled to travel anytime between 22-26 Jan but my company has raised concerned about my travel now. They are saying for filing extension we need 3 pay stubs and that wont be possible till end of Feb. Are paystubs necessary for filing extension? Please help!

Originally posted by Ayesha Sehgal View Post
    Hi,
    My H1B petition duration is only 5 months, starting from Oct 1, 2016 to March 1, 2017. I got assignment recently and scheduled to travel anytime between 22-26 Jan but my company has raised concerned about my travel now. They are saying for filing extension we need 3 pay stubs and that wont be possible till end of Feb. Are paystubs necessary for filing extension? Please help!
    Its not a mandatory requirement to have 3 pay stubs, though its safe but considering the short time they can submit with even one pay stub and if RFE raised they can submit subsequent ones.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

H1B petition expiring in 1 month

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Its not a mandatory requirement to have 3 pay stubs, though its safe but considering the short time they can submit with even one pay stub and if RFE raised they can submit subsequent ones.

Thanks Raghvi! Will there be any issue at Port Of entry with respect to so less time available in H1B expiring?
      one more question, if in worst case scenario I am not able to travel before 1st March 2017 ( 1st March 2017 being expiry date for visa as well), what happens to my H1B petition

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post

Thanks Raghvi!
        Will there be any issues at POW with respect to less time for expiry?
        Also in worst case scenario if I am not able to travel before March 1, will my petition lapse? My company says it will lapse.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X