Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 (cos)

Hi,

I saw lots of queries on the status , when L1 visa holder is approved for H1.

I am on L1 visa in US valid till oct 2007 from company A. Applying for H1 (COS) thru company B

When I checked with a company B, they told, once H1 is approved from OCT 2006 1st onwards, I will be on H1 status, ie; I cannot work under my current company A.

Is this true?

I want to work under company A till December on L1 status, and change to company B from December onwards on H1 status. (Eventhough the H1 status change date is Oct 1st)

Is this possible or Legal ?

Thanks

Originally posted by ANC
    Hi,

I saw lots of queries on the status , when L1 visa holder is approved for H1.

I am on L1 visa in US valid till oct 2007 from company A. Applying for H1 (COS) thru company B

When I checked with a company B, they told, once H1 is approved from OCT 2006 1st onwards, I will be on H1 status, ie; I cannot work under my current company A.

Is this true?

I want to work under company A till December on L1 status, and change to company B from December onwards on H1 status. (Eventhough the H1 status change date is Oct 1st)

Is this possible or Legal ?

Thanks

Hi,

You can work on L1 with so called company A,till you attend to US CONSULATE for H1B transfer..It will not effect to your L1..

Srinni
    Srinni

Comment

Hi,

You can work on L1 with so called company A,till you attend to US CONSULATE for H1B transfer..It will not effect to your L1..

Srinni
      Srinni

Comment

You do not have to attend the consular interview for H1b stamping as Srinni says, but you should essentially start working for the H1b company as soon as your petition for Change of Status (I539) has bben approved. You will be "maintaining status" of H1B only if you start working for the H1b sponsor, which you will be required to do as soon as the change of status gets approved (Oct 2006).
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

HI ,

If I apply for new H1 without COS,
          and if I am continuing on L1 after october 2006 in US,

Is it possible to apply for a COS (from L1 to H1) based on the H1 approval ?
          (So that no need to go for stamping ).
          How long it will take for the COS to get approved in this case.

This is because I am not sure I can be here in US till Oct 2006.

Thanks

Comment

If you apply for H1B without a change of status petition, then your H1B will get approved with an endorsement that you need a H1B Visa from a consular outpost for starting to work with the H1B employer.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Hi Veena, Thanks for this advise.

So , in this case Do I need to go outside US, for stamping ?
              Or is there any way I can manage without going out from US.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X