Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B VISA Extension Stamping in Toronto Canada

Hi everyone,

I have been in the U.S. on a H-1B VISA for 6 years now and my wife on H4 started working a year ago. We are from Chicago. Our I-797 notices were sent out to us by USCIS extending our eligibility to stay in the U.S. up until June 2020 and we are intending to have our VISAs stamped in our passports in Toronto Canada. Sorry if this scenario or questions have already been posted in the past, several times over.

(1) Would it be best to drive or fly to Toronto in terms of convenience and possible challenges? We have driven to Buffalo, NY (for Niagara Falls) several times from Chicago, so the drive itself is not new to us.

(2) We have an idea of the list of documents, original education certificates, employment letters, tax returns, payslips, address proofs (e.g. utilities bills), bank statements, resumes, rental agreements, letters from our kids's schools etc to be taken with us. However, what is the alternative that people take if the U.S. Consular post requests for an RFE and the documents required to fulfil the RFE are only available in the U.S., and the applicant cannot come back to the U.S. without the stamping?

(3) Does anyone recommend Ottawa over Toronto, or vice-versa and why?

(4) What are some definite things to take with us, and some definite questions that we must be prepared to answer?

Thanks to anyone for sharing their experiences and advice.

Sincerely.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X