In person Interview even though qualified for DropBox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In person Interview even though qualified for DropBox

Hi All - I am qualified for the visa waiver program. I still want to go ahead and attend in person interview rather using dropbox option because I feel it is easier to sort things in face to face given the current ambiguity. In order to do that I chose the "NO" option instead of YES for "my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months" question. This was the only way the scheduling website would allow me to do in-person interview. I am hoping this would not create any issue, but I would greatly appreciate if somebody can share their previous experience and advise.

I work as Full Time Employee for a company for past 3+years, I was with same company the last time I attended the interview and I am in the same role. My visa expired few months ago and I have scheduled interview in Feb 2017

Thanks
    H1B-VISA Applicant

If you qualify Interview Waiver you must do it. i would suggest don't give wrong answer to get an interview scheduled. It might backfire you. I have seen cases where they give 221g for scrutiny for giving wrong answers. It's just my suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by ione721 View Post
      Hi All - I am qualified for the visa waiver program. I still want to go ahead and attend in person interview rather using dropbox option because I feel it is easier to sort things in face to face given the current ambiguity. In order to do that I chose the "NO" option instead of YES for "my prior visa in the same class is still valid or expired within the last 12 months" question. This was the only way the scheduling website would allow me to do in-person interview. I am hoping this would not create any issue, but I would greatly appreciate if somebody can share their previous experience and advise.

I work as Full Time Employee for a company for past 3+years, I was with same company the last time I attended the interview and I am in the same role. My visa expired few months ago and I have scheduled interview in Feb 2017

Thanks
      H1B-VISA Applicant
      I am having J1 and travelling to India on 18th Feb. I am under the interview waiver program. I have been thinking to provide a wrong answer to enable myself to schedule an interview. But it may be wrong idea to do so. I think it is better to call the respective consulate office to consult.

Comment

Thanks
        H1B-VISA Applicant
        Did you face any issues with the interview process? I am also trying use the same option as you. Kindly share your experience.

Comment

Thanks
          H1B-VISA Applicant
          What did you do and what was your experience?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X