Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to India - Visa Extension

Hello Everyone,

I am travelling to India during May-June'2017 for my H1B Visa extension, I am getting the updated Petition papers within March2017 and booking the tickets once i get the papers. With the current trend, Is it safe to travel for the stamping ? I heard many rumors about Rejections/Form 221g etc..

Please let me know if anyone has information..

-Ashoka

Nothing to worry. Actually it is going smooth. 3 employees from my company got it stamped successfully lastweek and today.

Comment

H4 interview

Hi My wife(on H4) with my kid, went to India in December and she is in India(Hyderabad) now. She has to go for stamping. I am planning to send her to interview in month of March, will there be any issue for h4 traveler and their interview? i am much worried and currently I have chnaged my employer in the month of december and have two paystubs with my new employer by march. Will two paystubs and my previous old employer paystubs are enough? does she needs to carry client letter as well apart from employer letter. In between my employer and client there is one layer.does she needs the latter from that layer tooo?Please suggest me as we both are really in tense...thanks in advance
      ?

Comment

With the H-1B Changes..

Originally posted by kendallguy500 View Post
        Nothing to worry. Actually it is going smooth. 3 employees from my company got it stamped successfully lastweek and today.
        With the current H-1B Changes ( Salary Cap 1,30,000 Dollars ) I am worried it will affect the Visa stamping If i go to india during June.. Should i not go ?

Comment

hi

Originally posted by ashokabl View Post
          Hello Everyone,

I am travelling to India during May-June'2017 for my H1B Visa extension, I am getting the updated Petition papers within March2017 and booking the tickets once i get the papers. With the current trend, Is it safe to travel for the stamping ? I heard many rumors about Rejections/Form 221g etc..

-Ashoka
          my trip is on 19th feb, initially i had drop box option but yesterday i went through the portal again it had me schedule an interview, im confused as well wherther to go to india or not

Comment

Hello Everyone,

-Ashoka
            My personal preference would be to wait until it's all settled. Currently there are so many unanswered questioned which are creating confusion.

Comment

Any one with less months of approval to stamp ?

I got dropbox confirmation and planning to go on Feb 24th at chennai office.

I have extension till sep1st 2017 ( 6 months +). Will that affect travelling back or stamping ?

Comment

With the current H-1B Changes ( Salary Cap 1,30,000 Dollars ) I am worried it will affect the Visa stamping If i go to india during June.. Should i not go ?
                This is not a change. Its just a bill tabled in HoR. such kind of 10 bills have been rejected in past. Even it is considered it will take time to go through debate and become a bill. As of now only doubt is if any change is brought by Execution order which can impact immediately but that depends what comes in EO. It's unlikely that EO will stop stamping Visas. It might have restrictions and abolishing EAD for H4 etc and panel for reforms. go or no go is a personal decision but things are not impacted by such bills or recent EO. Keep an eye if anything new comes up through EO.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X