Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B - Travel for Client work- Reimbursement Rules ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Travel for Client work- Reimbursement Rules ?

Hi Friends ,

I work for Employer A via Vendor B consulting at Client C. ( EVC Model )
    My Client C wants me to travel to a requirements gathering meeting in another city. My client is bearing the travel expenses and have asked me to send them receipts so they can reimburse me.
    My question is , am I allowed to accept reimbursements directly from the client ? Or must the reimbursement go to my employer A first and then come to me ?
    Please Note that this is not a payment of any kind. All reimbursements are provided only with valid receipts and it is money that I have actually spent for my travel and other expenses.
    Hoping to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks
    RG

Originally posted by Consultant78 View Post
    Hi Friends ,

I work for Employer A via Vendor B consulting at Client C. ( EVC Model )
    My Client C wants me to travel to a requirements gathering meeting in another city. My client is bearing the travel expenses and have asked me to send them receipts so they can reimburse me.
    My question is , am I allowed to accept reimbursements directly from the client ? Or must the reimbursement go to my employer A first and then come to me ?
    Please Note that this is not a payment of any kind. All reimbursements are provided only with valid receipts and it is money that I have actually spent for my travel and other expenses.
    Hoping to hear from you guys soon.

Thanks
    RG
    You should get payments only from A. Ask A to pay for it and they should invoice that to B/C as appropriate.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X