H1B visa approved but PP still with US Embassy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa approved but PP still with US Embassy

I had attended interview with US consulate on January 23rd 2017. The status is showing Ready on CEAC website for last 8 days. Initially it got updated on January 25th to Ready and again on February 1st with same status. I have been in contact with ustraveldocs everyday. I am being told to wait but nothing else. My wife who attended the interview got her passport. Any advice is helpful.

Originally posted by San463 View Post
    I had attended interview with US consulate on January 23rd 2017. The status is showing Ready on CEAC website for last 8 days. Initially it got updated on January 25th to Ready and again on February 1st with same status. I have been in contact with ustraveldocs everyday. I am being told to wait but nothing else. My wife who attended the interview got her passport. Any advice is helpful.
    Patiently waiting would be the way.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

This could be a technical glitch on ustraveldocs side. It happened with me back in 2013. After 20 days of wait, Mumbai US consulate (not ustraveldocs ) called me and said that since I did not collect the passport after 14 days, it was returned back to the consulate. I was surprised and shocked!! Finally they told me that ustraveldocs had my passport but the system was not updated. They apologized. I had to go to the consulate office to collect the passport.

Please contact US consulate and ask for a reason. You can find the number on their website.

Comment

visa in administrative processing/Issued/221G after approved H1B

Jan 12 - Interview at Delhi Consulate. Got Yellow 221G which said administrative processing.
        Jan 31- First time change on CEAC website for Issue Date
        Feb 2nd - Status changed to Issued
        Feb 3rd - Passport collected.

When US travel docs says "Document delivery information" ... its an automatic change and nothing to worry about.
        When US travel docs says " There is no information on the passport number " .....Nothing to worry about as mine was that like most of the time.

This time is really stressful but don't worry guys. Its a normal procedure and will work out. Enjoy your time with your friends and Family.

Comment

H1B Visa Issued

Hi Guys...Thank you for your support...I got my visa today.

January 23rd Attended Visa Interview
          January 24th Case updated to A/P
          January 25th Case updated to Ready
          February 1st Case updated to Ready (Same Status but date updated)
          February 6th Case updated to A/P
          February 7th Case updated to Issued
          February 8th Passport pickup..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X