Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B outside of USA for 1 year

Hi experts,

I am on H-1B visa with my I-140 approved. This is my 10th year on the visa. My wife is on H-4 EAD. I am at a executive level post in my present company. I came to USA in 2007 and my GC was filed in 2013 (Priority date March 2013). My GC has been filed in EB-2 category and the wait, as we all know, is endless. I do not qualify for EB-1 even though there are people from 4 different countries that report into me as I am still qualified as domestic manager and have gone up the ranks after coming here to the US. A lot of my friends who came here to the US (as managers) long time after me, have already got their GC via EB-1. With uncertainty over H-4 EADs looming which may impact my wife's work status, I have requested my company to transfer me out of the US for a year and then bring me back and file my case in EB-1. Few questions:

1) During the one year stay outside of US, can I come and visit US for meetings? Are there any rules governing the length of the visits?
    2) If I can enter US, then can I do that on my H-1B visa or I have to do that through another visa?

My next 3 year extension is due in July 2018 so I want to go and come back before that date.

Let me know your thoughts.

Vijay

Please help

Hi Experts,

Any thoughts?

Vijay

Comment

Help Please

Any thoughts on the question below?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X