Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i94 on my wife's h4 expired on Nov 20th

Hi,

My wife's i94 expired on Nov 20th, the application for extension reached USCIS on Nov 16th, since the i94 has expired should she leave the country? We haven't got the receipt notice yet. My H1 is still valid till end of 2019 (just that it went for an audit and the response came in late).

Cheers
    Manish

Comment

Originally posted by manishchhetri View Post
      Hi,

My wife's i94 expired on Nov 20th, the application for extension reached USCIS on Nov 16th, since the i94 has expired should she leave the country? We haven't got the receipt notice yet. My H1 is still valid till end of 2019 (just that it went for an audit and the response came in late).

Cheers
      Manish

Manish

No need to leave as you have applied before the expiry date

Reg
      Shashi

Comment

Totally irresponsible

Comment

Hi Could you please share you contact details.I am in similar situation.

Originally posted by newlook View Post
          Thank God,
          It's approved . And in the new I-94 the gap is also covered.
          I will be careful in future.
          Hi Could you please share you contact details.I am in similar situation.

Comment

I 94 expired Nov 2017 for H4 spouse

Hello All,

I am in the same scenario.

H1 extension was filed and approved in Nov 2017. Got a valid I 94 till 2018 end
            H4 extension was not filed by me or the employer. I -94 expired on 11/11/2017. The H4 dependent is not in a position to travel now due to high risk pregnancy and doctors advised not to travel.

Employer is filing NPT for spouse but not sure what would be the result and when to expect it.

How to get out if this situation? Kindly help.

Thanks
            Srikar

Comment

Overstayed I94 by 3 months

My i94 was shortened due to my passport expiration and I did not realize this. I overstayed my I-94 for about 3 months 6 days. As soon as I found out I travelled to India to get a new visa. What are my chances of getting a new visa and updated I-94. Also my L1A expires in Sep 2018. Will I have issues renewing it because of the overstay? How best should I explain it to visa/ cbp officers?

Comment

hi

I forgot to apply for H4 Extension for my Family
                My Spouse and kid I94 is expired on Sep 2018.
                (10 months before) . I have valid H1B status till June 2021.

In this scenario shall i send my family to India or Shall i apply NPT h4 extension filing.
                Please suggest to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kdba View Post
                  hi

I forgot to apply for H4 Extension for my Family
                  My Spouse and kid I94 is expired on Sep 2018.
                  (10 months before) . I have valid H1B status till June 2021.

In this scenario shall i send my family to India or Shall i apply NPT h4 extension filing.
                  Please suggest to me.
                  HI All,
                  My Spouse H4 visa got approved. They we went to India for visa stamping and it got approved. They travelled back to USA.
                  If you need more information please contact to [email protected].
                  ​​​​​​​Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by newlook View Post
                    Thank God,
                    It's approved . And in the new I-94 the gap is also covered.
                    I will be careful in future.
                    Hello Newlook,

I have the same situation where during my second h1 extension was filed, we didn't realize that my wife and kids also mandatory to be included. I thought after I get my h1 approval, we can initiate for h4 extension, but it looks to serious complications.

Could you please help if i need to file for h4, can we file self or we have to go through attorney?

If you provide your contact number it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Herald

Comment

Two H1B petitions were filed, both before H1's I-94 expiry.
                      Two H4 petitions were also filed, one before I-94 expiry and one after that.
                      My question is that if the first petition receives denial (both H1 and H4 filed before I-94 expiry), Can both H1 and H4 stay on the basis of pending second petition (H1 filed before I-94 expiry and H4 filed after I-94 expiry)?

Comment

Originally posted by l1questions View Post
                        Overstayed I94 by 3 months

My i94 was shortened due to my passport expiration and I did not realize this. I overstayed my I-94 for about 3 months 6 days. As soon as I found out I travelled to India to get a new visa. What are my chances of getting a new visa and updated I-94. Also my L1A expires in Sep 2018. Will I have issues renewing it because of the overstay? How best should I explain it to visa/ cbp officers?
                        Hello, Is your issue resolved?

I am going through the same issue. My i94 was shortened due to my passport expiration (Nov-17-2020) and I did not realize this. My H1 visa transferred in the meantime (Dec 2019) but H4 visa not applied/extended during my transfer. Considering this now my dependent visa expired from 17-Nov-2020 and became overstayed 79 days (Nov 17, 2020 to Feb 07, 2010).

We are in the process of H1B extension/transfer and we found this issue. What are the possibilities now to get the H4 visa approved without any issues?

Comment

Originally posted by 0807purushot View Post

Hello, Is your issue resolved?

I am going through the same issue. My i94 was shortened due to my passport expiration (Nov-17-2020) and I did not realize this. My H1 visa transferred in the meantime (Dec 2019) but H4 visa not applied/extended during my transfer. Considering this now my dependent visa expired from 17-Nov-2020 and became overstayed 79 days (Nov 17, 2020 to Feb 07, 2010).

We are in the process of H1B extension/transfer and we found this issue. What are the possibilities now to get the H4 visa approved without any issues?
                          Can anybody provide your feedback on this issue please?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X