Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duration to get a client

Hello ,

Last year i visited USA on H4 visa and one of employer processed H1B petitioin and got selected in lottery.

Petition is approved and since 4 months employer looking client for me.

Is there any deadline to get a client once H1B is approved ? How long can i continue on H1B visa without job?

Regards.
    Yknev.

Originally posted by yknev View Post
    Hello ,

Last year i visited USA on H4 visa and one of employer processed H1B petitioin and got selected in lottery.

Petition is approved and since 4 months employer looking client for me.

Is there any deadline to get a client once H1B is approved ? How long can i continue on H1B visa without job?

Regards.
    Yknev.
    Did the H1 approval come with a new I94? Are you not getting paid currently? If yes, then you are out of status currently.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Did the H1 approval come with a new I94? Are you not getting paid currently? If yes, then you are out of status currently.

Employer have given Receipt number and i have checked it's approved. They told me that looking for client currently.

Whether they will give new I94 along with I797 copy. Normally I94 will get during port of entry.

In my case, i am in USA. still they will give new I94?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Yknev

Comment

Employer have given Receipt number and i have checked it's approved. They told me that looking for client currently.

Whether they will give new I94 along with I797 copy. Normally I94 will get during port of entry.

In my case, i am in USA. still they will give new I94?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
        Yknev
        When one is in US and extension/change of status is approved, it normally comes with new I94 at the bottom of the I797.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          When one is in US and extension/change of status is approved, it normally comes with new I94 at the bottom of the I797.

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Currently i am in USA and H4 stamping is done in my passport and i have H1B I797 copy. Now i don't want to work till 6 months.

I have following queries.

1. Is it required to go back from H1B to H4?
          2. If we apply COS from H1B to H4, is it required to go home country for stamping?
          3. Is it possible to go back from H1B to H4 without pay stubs?

Regards,
          Yknev

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Currently i am in USA and H4 stamping is done in my passport and i have H1B I797 copy. Now i don't want to work till 6 months.

I have following queries.

1. Is it required to go back from H1B to H4?
            2. If we apply COS from H1B to H4, is it required to go home country for stamping?
            3. Is it possible to go back from H1B to H4 without pay stubs?

Regards,
            Yknev
            Why asking the same questions in a different way? If your H1 approval came with a new I-94 (check the bottom part of your approval notice) I797 then you are in H1 status and not working/gettign paid while in H1 status means you are out of status.

1. If you are in H1 status then yes you have to move to H4.
            2. If you are not maintaining valid H1 status (no work and no pay) then yes you will be asked to leave the country and you can re enter on an existing valid H4 visa.
            3. I highly doubt that, unless you or your employer can show concrete reasons why there are no paystubs for you.Not able to find a client is not a valid reason.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X