Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Renewal with old I-797

Hello,
    My wife's H4 visa expired in early Feb 2017. My status is valid till mid Sep 2017 and the I-797 also has the same date. My visa stamp expired in early Feb 2017 as well ( got 6 months less due to 221g in 2014). It was odd that my wife got her visa stamp till the day same as mine. Now, my wife wants to renter USA and the suggestion I got is that she can go in for the visa interview with my existing I-797 and get the H4 visa stamp (valid till mid Sep 2017) and as soon as she enters USA, they can file for H-1,H-4,H-4 EAD extension all together in premium processing.

do you think this is doable? will she be able to get her visa stamped till Sep 2017?

Thank you
    Last edited by maxy_spy; 02-23-2017, 02:13 PM.

please help!!

Comment

Originally posted by maxy_spy View Post
      Hello,
      My wife's H4 visa expired in early Feb 2017. My status is valid till mid Sep 2017 and the I-797 also has the same date. My visa stamp expired in early Feb 2017 as well ( got 6 months less due to 221g in 2014). It was odd that my wife got her visa stamp till the day same as mine. Now, my wife wants to renter USA and the suggestion I got is that she can go in for the visa interview with my existing I-797 and get the H4 visa stamp (valid till mid Sep 2017) and as soon as she enters USA, they can file for H-1,H-4,H-4 EAD extension all together in premium processing.

do you think this is doable? will she be able to get her visa stamped till Sep 2017?

Thank you
      Thats the process, that is how you do it.
      This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X