H1b amendment in progress impact on h1b stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b amendment in progress impact on h1b stamping

I got a question related to my H1B amendment which in RFE right now .
    My employer filed my H1B in 2015 lottery while I was working for them on L2 EAD.
    Oct,2015 my H1B was approved and then I have been working with my employer full time on H1B and I do work at client location and its direct client for my employer.
    Last year March , 2016 I changed the client from client A to client B with same employer ( both clients are in same city)
    When I changed to client B last year , my employer filed my amendment in timely manner (before I joined client B) . Amendment was in process until last month and now its in RFE and my employer is yet to respond to RFE. RFE is mostly about the client letter and duties performed.
    I have travel plans this month end to India and going to US Consulate for visa interview for my H1B stamping along with my spouse ( H4)
    I got a question , if that safe to go for stamping even my H1B amendment is in progress ??

Or my H1B amendement not approved will have any negative impact on my visa stamping or port of entry.

Per my employer if amendment was filed in timely manner , it won't have any impact on H1B stamping , there might be additional questions asked for client etc.

Please provide suggestions.

Originally posted by 51511042 View Post
    I got a question related to my H1B amendment which in RFE right now .
    My employer filed my H1B in 2015 lottery while I was working for them on L2 EAD.
    Oct,2015 my H1B was approved and then I have been working with my employer full time on H1B and I do work at client location and its direct client for my employer.
    Last year March , 2016 I changed the client from client A to client B with same employer ( both clients are in same city)
    When I changed to client B last year , my employer filed my amendment in timely manner (before I joined client B) . Amendment was in process until last month and now its in RFE and my employer is yet to respond to RFE. RFE is mostly about the client letter and duties performed.
    I have travel plans this month end to India and going to US Consulate for visa interview for my H1B stamping along with my spouse ( H4)
    I got a question , if that safe to go for stamping even my H1B amendment is in progress ??

Or my H1B amendement not approved will have any negative impact on my visa stamping or port of entry.

Per my employer if amendment was filed in timely manner , it won't have any impact on H1B stamping , there might be additional questions asked for client etc.

Please provide suggestions.

I would not advise attending the interview without the amendment being approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X