Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling India when H1B Process is Pending

Hi guys,

I have couple of problems, please shed some light to the below short desc of my problems

1. How safe travelling India during F1 OPT. My OPT is expiring on Dec\2006. ( I have valid F1 Visa expiring June\2008, OPT card, Travel I-20 from the School, Proof of employment from Regions)

I have read many forums and they said that, if i have a valid visa then there is no problem in travelling outside US during my F1 OPT but still checking from the attorney to make sure.

2. What are problems will face when i travel India when my H1 process is in pending. Below is the small description of my situation (Since H1B processing is already started, Can i file my H1B petition and go to India on April 18th. what kind of problems will face in the port of entry when i come back from India on May 12th. Even though my start date for my H1 falls on October 1st, will i have some problem when i arrive US on may 12th. I can come back on may 12th and start my H1B but still i am taking some risk that master's or Regular H-1B's would be exhausted. Is there any way we can solve this problem without taking risk. I still prefer filling my H1B and going to India but i really don't know what problems do i face)

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X