Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension in process, maternity, H4->H1 COS

Hi,

I am currently working in XYZ company in US since Jan 2016. My H1 was valid till Dec. 2016. My employer filed my extension in Nov. 2016 under normal processing. On USCIS site it shows in Received status. I am currently pregnant and due in August 2017. I am planning to go on maternity leave around mid August. I will be on extended leave for 6 months atleast. I have following questions:

1. If I change my status to H4 during my maternity leave, will I be able to come back to H1 status once I am ready to join back the office? Will my employer have to reapply for H1?
    2. If I have to go early on leave and my H1 extension is still in progress, can I file for COS to H4? Will I be out of status for the period between H1 extension processing and H4 COS filing/processing because H1 extension never reached to a final decision?
    3. My daughter is dependent on me and has H4 based on my petition. Her H4 extension is also in process. If I have to go to H4 on my husband's H1 petition, will we have to re-apply for my daughter's H4 extension too, now on father's petition?

Please suggest.

Thanks in Advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X