Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B offer

Hi,

I have been offered by 8kmiles with $75000 per annum. Is this sufficient in areas in USA like CA? For H1B visa, process is delegeated to Softlab services. They are asking for INR 300000 and they will refund in case I am not picked up in lottery otherwise they will not even rejected in consulate interview.

Regards,
    Ans

H1B offer

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi,

I have been offered by 8kmiles with $75000 per annum. Is this sufficient in areas in USA like CA? For H1B visa, process is delegeated to Softlab services. They are asking for INR 300000 and they will refund in case I am not picked up in lottery otherwise they will not even rejected in consulate interview.

Regards,
    Ans

75K is ok salary if you are single.it will be lil bit tight if you are with family. But most of the consulting campanies will initially offer in that range only.What they will do is, initially they will sell your skills for higher rates and quickly make profits before you jump. You can check with them when you can get in to 80:20 revenue sharing basis.If they are delaying to get you better compensation,naturally you will jump to another employer.

Comment

Originally posted by rajcolp View Post
      75K is ok salary if you are single.it will be lil bit tight if you are with family. But most of the consulting campanies will initially offer in that range only.What they will do is, initially they will sell your skills for higher rates and quickly make profits before you jump. You can check with them when you can get in to 80:20 revenue sharing basis.If they are delaying to get you better compensation,naturally you will jump to another employer.
      They are signing bond of $22500, if i dont join after visa approval or leave employment with them before 2 years. They can layoff anytime but i cannot leave as per term and condition. In addition they are charging me $4500 for VISA processing.

Comment

As per term and contion i cannot leave employment before 2 years as i have to sign one bond with them before applying VISA but they can terminate me any point of time. Also I have to bear the cost of VISA processing of $4500.

Comment

H1B Offer

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          As per term and contion i cannot leave employment before 2 years as i have to sign one bond with them before applying VISA but they can terminate me any point of time. Also I have to bear the cost of VISA processing of $4500.

If I were in your situation, I will avoid them.Their unfair terms are a RED signal for me.

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply. They said that they will give additional bonus of $10,000 and allowances of $10,000 in case posted in high cost area like CA Bay area.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X