Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost Passport with F1 Stamp on it. Going to India to get H1B Stamp on my passport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Passport with F1 Stamp on it. Going to India to get H1B Stamp on my passport.

Hi,

I am a citizen of India currently working in USA on H1B status. I joined the firm on F1 OPT VISA status in April 2016 and during September 2016 my application for H1B work permit has been accepted.

Last month I misplaced my passport while I was in USA and thus had to reapply for the new passport. I have reapplied for a new passport and received the new passport.

I am just confused about further process to get my H1B VISA stamp on my new passport upon my visit to India. I am confused about what to do next and what documents to carry for my H1B interview at US Consulate. I would be highly obliged if anyone who has faced similar scenario share their experiences about any further steps involved.

Note: I have photocopies of all my old Passport and Visa with me.

Things I have done Until Now:

1. Filed a police report about lost passport.
    2. Applied for duplicate passport at Indian Embassy in USA.
    3. Intimated Indian Embassy about lost Passport.
    4. Intimated US Consulate about Lost Passport.
    5. Received new passport from Embassy.

Any help would be really helpful for me. Thanks

Originally posted by ramreddy123 View Post
    Hi,

I am a citizen of India currently working in USA on H1B status. I joined the firm on F1 OPT VISA status in April 2016 and during September 2016 my application for H1B work permit has been accepted.

Last month I misplaced my passport while I was in USA and thus had to reapply for the new passport. I have reapplied for a new passport and received the new passport.

I am just confused about further process to get my H1B VISA stamp on my new passport upon my visit to India. I am confused about what to do next and what documents to carry for my H1B interview at US Consulate. I would be highly obliged if anyone who has faced similar scenario share their experiences about any further steps involved.

Note: I have photocopies of all my old Passport and Visa with me.

Things I have done Until Now:

1. Filed a police report about lost passport.
    2. Applied for duplicate passport at Indian Embassy in USA.
    3. Intimated Indian Embassy about lost Passport.
    4. Intimated US Consulate about Lost Passport.
    5. Received new passport from Embassy.

Any help would be really helpful for me. Thanks
    You need to fill the ds160 and attend the visa interview just like you would normally have done.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You need to fill the ds160 and attend the visa interview just like you would normally have done.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thank you for the advice. Since I had F1 VISA stamp on my previous passport but not H1B (Since I received it recently), I was just worried whether it was normal process or if I had to do something else before I visit consulate.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X