Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COS H4 to F1

Hi Folks,
    I’m currently in H1b status, My daughter’s H4 visa will expire in Dec 12th 2017 due to she turns to 21 years old, so she needs to change status from H4 to F1, she currently has received a college admission for the fall semester of 2017 starting at the end of Aug, I have few questions regarding the I-20 and I-539 form. Basically we don’t want to lose H4 benefits and want the F1 take effect right after the H4 expires rather than the I-20 start date. Thanks in advance!

1. Generally, I assume I-20 start date will be the end of Aug, can I request the college to issue an I-20 with a start date of the very next date of my daughter’s expire date, i.e Dec 13th .
    2. If above is impossible, can we put an effective date of Dec 13th 2017 on the I-539 form, I’m concerned the following:
    a. Since the effective date is approx. 3 months after the I-20 start date, will this probably cause issues, such as COS denial.
    b. I saw from other forum stated that I-539 effective date feature is only for people who are in F1,J,I,B1/B2. So wondering if the requested effective date works in my case.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X