Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 and EAD extension

Hi All,

I have an approved H1B valid till March 2019 and my wife has H4 stamping and EAD card valid till Nov 2017.

Can I apply for H4 extension (I-535) along with EAD extension? How soon can I apply?

H4 extension will be filed by my employer and EAD extension will be submitted by us. Do I need to mention somewhere in EAD extension application that H4 extension is in progress? Any additional documents I need to provide?

Also, is H4 extension just an I-94 extension? We did not received any I797 for H4 stamping.

Thanks!

Originally posted by marsck View Post
    Hi All,

I have an approved H1B valid till March 2019 and my wife has H4 stamping and EAD card valid till Nov 2017.

Can I apply for H4 extension (I-535) along with EAD extension? How soon can I apply?

H4 extension will be filed by my employer and EAD extension will be submitted by us. Do I need to mention somewhere in EAD extension application that H4 extension is in progress? Any additional documents I need to provide?

Also, is H4 extension just an I-94 extension? We did not received any I797 for H4 stamping.

Thanks!
    Yes you can apply I539. Earliest would be 6 months before current I-94 expiry.

In EAD (I765) extension request, you have to provide the I539 receipt number.

Yes, H4 extension filed through I539 is a status and I-94 extension request, approval of which you will get a I797 for H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes you can apply I539. Earliest would be 6 months before current I-94 expiry.

In EAD (I765) extension request, you have to provide the I539 receipt number.

Yes, H4 extension filed through I539 is a status and I-94 extension request, approval of which you will get a I797 for H4.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks Raghvi!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X