Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recieved both H4-EAD card and H1B. How to move to EAD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karthik9787
    replied
    Originally posted by Hari_grt View Post
    Hi Dinesh,

We are also in the same situation.Can you let me know how did you handled this.

Have got H1B RFE approved first and then H4 EAD is also approved now within two weeks.which is valid now. Which work authorization i need to use.Can you share your experience.
    hELLO Hari
    Did you figure out a way on using h1b/h4ead ? Can we transfer from h1 to h4 and reuse old h4 ead ?

Leave a comment:

• Hari_grt
    replied
    Hi Dinesh,

We are also in the same situation.Can you let me know how did you handled this.

Have got H1B RFE approved first and then H4 EAD is also approved now within two weeks.which is valid now. Which work authorization i need to use.Can you share your experience.

Leave a comment:

• raghvi
    replied
    Originally posted by dinesh_spn View Post
    My spouse's previous company filed for her H1B last year. Meanwhile, I got my I-140 approved. We applied for her H4-EAD based on my approved I-140. Both of her H1B and H4-EAD applications was with USCIS concurrently.
    Couple of months later, both the H1B and EAD got approved. We received both the EAD card and the H1B I-797 approval notice with I-94.

She has currently got a new job opportunity which doesnt support H1B transfer. However they are ok with her EAD. How can she use the EAD which is already approved few months back? Can some clarify some of my questions below.

Is a change of status from H1B to H4 enough? SHould we submit a new EAD application once moved to H4. Or can we use her approved EAD card after applying the COS from H1B to H4?
    Should we wait for the COS approval or just the submitting application is enough to start using EAD?
    What will happen to her H1B. Will she be able to use the H1B again if needed. She has a lot of years left in it?
    Confusion is regarding her current status, H1 or H4. I would suggest booking an info pass appointment with USCIS and confirming. Or leave US and re enter on a valid H4 visa, no need for a new EAD application.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Leave a comment:

• Recieved both H4-EAD card and H1B. How to move to EAD?

My spouse's previous company filed for her H1B last year. Meanwhile, I got my I-140 approved. We applied for her H4-EAD based on my approved I-140. Both of her H1B and H4-EAD applications was with USCIS concurrently.
    Couple of months later, both the H1B and EAD got approved. We received both the EAD card and the H1B I-797 approval notice with I-94.

She has currently got a new job opportunity which doesnt support H1B transfer. However they are ok with her EAD. How can she use the EAD which is already approved few months back? Can some clarify some of my questions below.

Is a change of status from H1B to H4 enough? SHould we submit a new EAD application once moved to H4. Or can we use her approved EAD card after applying the COS from H1B to H4?
    Should we wait for the COS approval or just the submitting application is enough to start using EAD?
    What will happen to her H1B. Will she be able to use the H1B again if needed. She has a lot of years left in it?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X