Filling DS-160 for H4 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filling DS-160 for H4 visa

I am on H4 visa and am planning to renew it. We recently got our I 140 approved when we applied for a green card through my husband's employer. As part of that, I received a I-797 in my name which is valid till 2019. On my I-797 it has the Case type : I-539 Application to extend/change nonimmigrant status, and on my husband's I-797, the Case type is I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant worker. When filling out my DS 160 application, I was doubtful of what I should fill out for:
    1. Principal applicant? (is it me or my husband)
    2.Receipt number? (is it mine's or my husband's)
    3. Petitioner (On my I-797, it is written that I am the petitioner)

Has anyone filled out a DS-160 with H1B holder and H4 holder having separate I-797 approval letters? If so please help.

Originally posted by Rekha2011 View Post
    I am on H4 visa and am planning to renew it. We recently got our I 140 approved when we applied for a green card through my husband's employer. As part of that, I received a I-797 in my name which is valid till 2019. On my I-797 it has the Case type : I-539 Application to extend/change nonimmigrant status, and on my husband's I-797, the Case type is I-129 Petition for a Nonimmigrant worker. When filling out my DS 160 application, I was doubtful of what I should fill out for:
    1. Principal applicant? (is it me or my husband)
    2.Receipt number? (is it mine's or my husband's)
    3. Petitioner (On my I-797, it is written that I am the petitioner)

Has anyone filled out a DS-160 with H1B holder and H4 holder having separate I-797 approval letters? If so please help.
    1. Your husband.
    2. Your husband's I797 number.
    3. It will be your spouse.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Rekha2011 can you please share your experience of entering your husband's petition number worked?

We're in the same boat and can benefit from your learning

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X