Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa-mumbai consulate 221g green slip

Hi all,
    I attended the visa interview today(April 4th) at mumbai consulate. The officer asked me basic questions about my company. I work for a fairly big manufacturing company and have been working in the US for the last 2 years. I also completed my masters in Manufacturing engineering from NC state University in 2015.
    After 5 min of asking questions about what i do aand what my company does the officer returned my passport and handed me a green slip and asked to email the documents, it includes invitation letter from the company, resume, publications, research, travel history, funding and contact details.
    I submitted all the documents immediately after returning home. Does anyone experience something similar? Also i am not from mumbai so will i have to come back to submit the passport when i will be asked to do so? or i can mail the passport?

Originally posted by najafmd View Post
    Hi all,
    I attended the visa interview today(April 4th) at mumbai consulate. The officer asked me basic questions about my company. I work for a fairly big manufacturing company and have been working in the US for the last 2 years. I also completed my masters in Manufacturing engineering from NC state University in 2015.
    After 5 min of asking questions about what i do aand what my company does the officer returned my passport and handed me a green slip and asked to email the documents, it includes invitation letter from the company, resume, publications, research, travel history, funding and contact details.
    I submitted all the documents immediately after returning home. Does anyone experience something similar? Also i am not from mumbai so will i have to come back to submit the passport when i will be asked to do so? or i can mail the passport?
    One would have to physically submit the passport. There may be specific locations one can submit the documents.

Also, it is not advisable to trust the mail services with a critical piece of identity such as a passport.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X