Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help regarding complain to H1B consultant

Hello Experts,

I am from India. Last year I had applied for H1B visa for through US based consultancy service for year 2017. I paid 3500$ to consultant for the same. My application got picked up from lottery. After that It went to RFE status asking for more financial documents of the client company for which my application was filed. My consultant had provided the client letter of a company which in actual doesn't employee any Software IT professionals. He also has overused the same client letter for other applicants like me. Hence my consultant company could not provide required financial documents like IT returns etc. to USCICS. They withdrew my H1B application saying this position is no longer valid since if they provide actual document mentioned in RFE, they will be in legal trouble. Thus, currently my H1B application is withdrawn.

Now, consultancy is refusing to give my 3500$ money too. They are also threatening me saying we can harm you in India from US. It was their job to provide appropriate client letter. Documents from my side was all proper.
    I want to know what legal action I can take against such fraudulent people?
    They paid 2300$ to USCICS as my H1B application visa fee. Will they get that money back if the h1b application is withdrawn? If not then I think at least remaining 1200$ they should return back to me.

Any help or guidance here will be very helpful.

Thanks

Originally posted by kv321 View Post
    Hello Experts,

I am from India. Last year I had applied for H1B visa for through US based consultancy service for year 2017. I paid 3500$ to consultant for the same. My application got picked up from lottery. After that It went to RFE status asking for more financial documents of the client company for which my application was filed. My consultant had provided the client letter of a company which in actual doesn't employee any Software IT professionals. He also has overused the same client letter for other applicants like me. Hence my consultant company could not provide required financial documents like IT returns etc. to USCICS. They withdrew my H1B application saying this position is no longer valid since if they provide actual document mentioned in RFE, they will be in legal trouble. Thus, currently my H1B application is withdrawn.

Now, consultancy is refusing to give my 3500$ money too. They are also threatening me saying we can harm you in India from US. It was their job to provide appropriate client letter. Documents from my side was all proper.
    I want to know what legal action I can take against such fraudulent people?
    They paid 2300$ to USCICS as my H1B application visa fee. Will they get that money back if the h1b application is withdrawn? If not then I think at least remaining 1200$ they should return back to me.

Any help or guidance here will be very helpful.

Thanks
    Its illegal to pay for ones own H1. And Such consultant are one of the prime abusers of this visa. I would advise sending a mail to [email protected] with the necessary details askedat:

The H-1B visa program should help U.S. companies recruit highly-skilled noncitizens when there is a shortage of qualified workers in the country. Yet, too many American workers who are as qualified

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank you raghvi for the help. I have complaint about them to USCIS as you have suggested.
      Any help regarding how to get my money back from them will be greatly appreciated?

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X