Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

During cap-exempt H1B petition, after opt expired, can stay in us with no work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During cap-exempt H1B petition, after opt expired, can stay in us with no work?

Hi, i currently on my opt status, my opt will expires in 28th june. The university filed my H1B(no-profit) application already. The OISS office told me I can stay in US after my opt expried without work till get my H1B. Is that true? I really worrid about it. Thanks for any reply.

See https://www.uscis.gov/working-united...ap-regulations

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. In fact my H1B was cap-exempt, which means the cap-gap extension was not qualified in this type H1B. But after my online search for a long time,

It looks the answer was yes. I don't know post other website on here was appropriate, but I really want help the people in my condition.

Comment

Originally posted by tushenling View Post
        Thank you very much for your reply. In fact my H1B was cap-exempt, which means the cap-gap extension was not qualified in this type H1B. But after my online search for a long time,

It looks the answer was yes. I don't know post other website on here was appropriate, but I really want help the people in my condition.
        Hi, I am facing a similar situation. It would be great if you can please share your experience.

Will I be able to work after my OPT expires? and How much time did it take to receive your H-1B(if you have received it)?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X