Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension strange status 'Name was Updated'

Hi

My employer filed my H1B extension of 24th Feb 2017, and on 25th Feb 2017, USCIS updated the status for my receipt number with 'Name was Updated'. Can anyone tell me what it exactly means and will it impact my name when the final approval comes, meaning to say, will my name be misspelled or typo she the actual approval comes back ? I was checking my I-129 and found my name to be correct.
    Any help regarding the matter will be greatly appreciated.

From what I read from some forums Name Was Updated status means they started to look into your application. You may expect a decision soon.

Comment

This has happened to me during my petition process.. close to 2-3 weeks back. This may mean that your request is In progress, not to worry !!

Comment

Thanks for all your inputs. What i am worried about is - My petition was filed on 23rd February, and the very first day USCIS received it, they put the status as 'Name was Updated' instead of 'Case was Received', and i even did not get a receipt notice. They just provided the cheque image receipt number to my employer.

Hence i am surprised that how can a petition be of 'Name was Updated' from the very first day ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Mane was updated

I am alaso in the same boat..can I please know if u had any update?

Originally posted by abhirup230113 View Post
          Thanks for all your inputs. What i am worried about is - My petition was filed on 23rd February, and the very first day USCIS received it, they put the status as 'Name was Updated' instead of 'Case was Received', and i even did not get a receipt notice. They just provided the cheque image receipt number to my employer.

Hence i am surprised that how can a petition be of 'Name was Updated' from the very first day ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by ashokabl View Post
            This has happened to me during my petition process.. close to 2-3 weeks back. This may mean that your request is In progress, not to worry !!
            Is your case been approved?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X